Terms of Service and Content Submission Agreement
By using www.CampusFeed.com ("CampusFeed"), you indicate your consent to and acceptance of the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree with the terms of this Agreement, please terminate your use of CampusFeed immediately.
This Agreement describes the legal relationship between you (referred to in this Agreement as "you" or "user") and UniversityCampus Inc. (referred to in this Agreement as "we," or "us") relating to your use of CampusFeed and to any content that you post, upload, or submit to CampusFeed. Please read this document carefully.
CampusFeed is provided for your personal use only. Other than content that you submit in accordance with the terms of this Agreement, all of the content on CampusFeed, including but not limited to, graphics, text, design, buttons, logos, images, and icons, and the selection, assembly, arrangement and "look and feel" of CampusFeed, are the sole property of UniversityCampus Inc or its third party content providers.
Third Party Content
You acknowledge that CampusFeed include postings, messages, text, files, images, graphics, photos, audio, video or other materials (the "Content") that have been provided by third parties, including, without limitation, other users of CampusFeed. You agree that we are a community forum and not a publisher with respect to user-submitted Content, and that we are not responsible for reviewing or editing any user-submitted Content. You further agree that any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information contained in any third party Content on CampusFeed, including, without limitation, user-submitted Content, are those of their respective authors or producers, and we do not endorse or guarantee the accuracy of any such third party Content.
You may submit Content provided you do so in accordance with the Submission Rules below. You accept entire responsibility for all Content that you submit to, transmit through, link through, or otherwise make available through, CampusFeed. For all Content that you submit to CampusFeed, you agree to indemnify us as provided below.
By submitting Content to CampusFeed, you grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive right and license to use, copy, modify, display, archive, store, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works from such Content, in any form, media (print, electronic or otherwise), software or technology of any kind now existing or developed in the future.
Representations and Warranties
By uploading or otherwise submitting any Content to CampusFeed, you represent and warrant that (a) you own or otherwise have all necessary rights, including but not limited to copyrights, to the Content and have the right to use it as provided in this Agreement; (b) all information submitted by you is true, accurate, current and complete, and does not violate this Agreement; (c) you have the full right, power and authority to enter into and perform this Agreement, and have secured all third party consents, licenses, waivers and permissions necessary to enter into and perform this Agreement, including, without limitation, waivers of rights of privacy, publicity and personality from any third parties whose names, likenesses, photographs, animated portrayals, or actual or imitated voices are depicted in the Content; (d) we shall not be required to make any payments with respect to the authorized use of any Content submitted by you, including, without limitation, any payments to you, third parties claiming rights through you or otherwise, publishers, rights agents, performance rights societies, persons who contributed to or whose names, likeness, photographs, animated portrayals or actual or imitated voices appear in such Content, your licensors, unions or guilds; and (e) the Content submitted by you will not (i) infringe upon or misappropriate any rights of others, including, without limitation, any copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets or other intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, rights of privacy, moral rights or any other proprietary rights of third parties, (ii) violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation, (iii) be defamatory, trade libelous, trademark disparaging, fraudulent, harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, lewd, pornographic or obscene, (iv) disrupt, place unreasonable burdens or excessive loads on, interfere with or attempt to facilitate any unauthorized access to any portion of CampusFeed, their computer systems, servers or networks; (v) transmit junk mail, chain letters, or other unsolicited bulk e-mail, spam or duplicative messages to other users of CampusFeed; (vi) collect information about other users of CampusFeed without their consent or otherwise systematically extract data or data fields, including, without limitation, any financial data or e-mail addresses, from CampusFeed or our computer systems without our consent; or (vii) contain any viruses, trojan horses, time bombs or other programming routines or elements that detrimentally interfere with computer systems or data. You agree that, upon request, you will provide us with evidence, in a form and format reasonably acceptable to us, indicating that the Content submitted by you complies with the foregoing warranties.
You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims, suits, liabilities, obligations, damages, injuries, penalties, fines, losses, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys' fees) arising out of, resulting from or related to any breach of the foregoing representations and warranties. This obligation shall survive the termination of this Agreement for any reason.
CampusFeed includes forums, photo galleries and other interactive areas in which users can express opinions and share ideas and information. We cannot and do not monitor all of the material submitted to CampusFeed. Additionally, we do not control, and are not responsible for, Content submitted by users.
By using CampusFeed, you may be exposed to Content that you may find offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of CampusFeed and any Content on CampusFeed, including, but not limited to, whether you should rely on such Content.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge that we shall have the right (but not the obligation) to review any Content that you have submitted to CampusFeed, and to reject, delete, disable, or remove any Content that we determine, in our sole discretion, (a) does not comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement; (b) might violate any law, infringe upon any rights of third parties, or subject us to liability for any reason; or (c) might adversely affect our public image, reputation or goodwill. Moreover, we reserve the right to reject, delete, disable, or remove any Content at any time, for the reasons set forth above, for any other reason, or for no reason.
DMCA Infringement Notifications
To file a notice of infringement with us, you must provide a written communication (by mail - not by email, except by prior agreement) that sets forth the items specified below. Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing your copyrights. Indeed, in a past case (please see http://www.onlinepolicy.org/action/legpolicy/opg_v_diebold/ for more information), a company that sent an infringement notification seeking removal of online materials that were protected by the fair use doctrine was ordered to pay such costs and attorneys fees. The company agreed to pay over $100,000. Accordingly, if you are not sure whether material available online infringes your copyright, we suggest that you first contact an attorney.
To expedite our ability to process your request, please use the following format (including section numbers):
1. Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon (for example, "The copyrighted work at issue is the image that appears on http://www.CampusFeed.social/…") or other information sufficient to specify the copyrighted work being infringed.
2. Identify the material that you claim is infringing the copyrighted work listed in item #1 above.
YOU MUST IDENTIFY EACH ALLEGED COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT YOU ARE CLAIMING BY PROVIDING A DIRECT LINK TO A WEB PAGE THAT CONTAINS THE INFRINGING MATERIAL IN QUESTION. This requires you to provide the URL for each alleged copyright infringement that identifies the specific posts, as opposed to entire sites.
3. Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit UniversityCampus Inc to contact you (email address is preferred).
4. Provide information, if possible, sufficient to permit UniversityCampus Inc to notify the owner/administrator of the allegedly infringing webpage or other content (email address is preferred).
5. Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
6. Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
7. Sign the paper.
8. Send the written communication to the following Mailing Address: 601 Vairo Blvd, State College PA 16803
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF CampusFeed IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. we make no warranty that CampusFeed will be uninterrupted, secure or error-free. ALL CONTENT, INFORMATION, AND OTHER MATERIAL ON CampusFeed IS provided "as is" AND "as available". We make no ENDORSEMENTS, GUARANTEES, representations or warranties, express, implied or statutory, with respect to THE TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, AUTHORITY, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS, non-infringement, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR SUBSTANCE OF ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL ON CampusFeed.
Limitation of Liability
You agree that we will not be liable for any consequential, indirect, special, exemplary, or incidental damages arising out of or in connection with your use of or inability to use CampusFeed (including, without limitation, any damages for lost profits or business interruption), or for any claim made against you by any other party, whether arising from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files or e-mails, errors, defects, viruses or other malicious code, delays in operation or transmission, or any failure of performance, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. You also agree that under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content submitted, posted, emailed or otherwise made available via CampusFeed.
Notice: You may not submit Content if you are under the age of 18. By submitting Content to any of CampusFeed, you represent that you are age 18 or over.
You agree not to submit Content:
• that is unlawful, pornographic, defamatory, libelous, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, or invasive of another's privacy, or harms minors in any way;
• that harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
• that falsely claims to be submitted by another person or entity, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with another person or entity;
• that includes personal or identifying information about another person, or uses the name or likeness of another person for commercial purposes, without that person's explicit consent;
• that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, or Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
• that is false, fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, misinformative or uses "bait-and-switch" tactics;
• that constitutes or contains "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," unsolicited commercial advertisement, "affiliate marketing," or "link referral code";
• that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation;
• that advertises or features any illegal services or the sale of any items the sale of which is prohibited or restricted by applicable law, including, without limitation, items the sale of which is prohibited or regulated by applicable law;
• that contains software viruses, worms, trojan horses, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
• that disrupts the operation of CampusFeed with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to CampusFeed, or that otherwise negatively affects other users' ability to CampusFeed; or
• that employs misleading email addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of Content.
Additionally, you agree not to:
• contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted or otherwise "stalk" or harass anyone;
• collect personal data about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes;
• use automated means, including scripts, spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from or upload data to any of CampusFeed; or
• attempt to gain unauthorized access to our computer system or to any other user's computer systems, or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, any of CampusFeed.
Release and Waiver: To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you hereby release and waive all claims against CampusFeed, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, licensors, co-branders or other partners, and employees from any and all liability for claims, damages (actual and/or consequential), costs and expenses (including litigation costs and attorneys' fees) of every kind and nature, arising from or in any way related to your use of the CampusFeed app and data derived through the app. If you are a California resident, you waive your rights under California Civil Code 1542, which states, "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor." You understand that any fact relating to any matter covered by this release may be found to be other than now believed to be true and you accept and assume the risk of such possible differences in fact. In addition, you expressly waive and relinquish any and all rights and benefits which you may have under any other state or federal statute or common law principle of similar effect, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Hold Harmless and Indemnify: To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to hold harmless and indemnify CampusFeed and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, licensors, co-branders or other partners, and employees from and against any third-party claim arising from or in any way related to your use of the CampusFeed app and any data found on the app, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and/or consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys' fees, of every kind and nature. Instagram shall use good faith efforts to provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
UniversityCampus Inc may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
• - To improve customer service
• Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
• - To personalize user experience
• We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
• - To send periodic emails
• We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Our Site is in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Compliance with children's online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
UniversityCampus Inc 601 Vairo Blvd State College, PA 16803
This document was last updated on August 23, 2013